This is Oh My Blog: A monthly blogging series that allows you to meet a fellow blogger and get their opinions on a whole host of topics. Since its July, there’s no better time to start talking about holidays, sunshine and getaways and this month, it’s the turn of Sarah from Whimsical Mumblings!
- Summer is here! Are you going (or have you been) anywhere nice this year?
We haven’t been anywhere yet, but we’ve got a little beach holiday booked!
- Where is your favourite Summer holiday destination?
In all honesty, I’ve never been anywhere that amazing but I do love France! Or Spain! Or even just a quaint little beach trip!
- Do you prefer to spend your summer abroad or in the UK?
I would love to spend it abroad, but we can’t really afford to!
- Any holiday horror stories to report?
I remember once when I went on holiday with my parents, we booked a cabin to stay in, and it was the dirtiest most derelict place ever. There were mushrooms growing through the carpet & half the wall had fallen down!
- If you do go on holiday, are you a “sit by the pool all day” kind or person, or a “we need to get out and explore” kind of tourist?
I’m happy to say a little bit of both! Everything in moderation right!
- Please help settle an argument. What is the earliest acceptable time to have a pre-holiday pint in the airport pub?
Anytime is an acceptable time!
- How are you with flying? Love it, hate it or a bit nonplussed by it all?
I’m a tad inexperienced. I don’t love it nor hate it. But I’ve only been on a plane a few times!
- What has been your favourite holiday that you’ve ever been on?
Disneyland Paris, or one of our Spain holidays. I remember one particular holiday when I was a teenager. I was super skinny! We spent so much time in the sea, and sunbathing. I also remember my little sister buried her glasses in the sand and never found them again. Hahaha.
- Where would you absolutely love to go, that you haven’t been yet?
Ultimate holiday destination – Hawaii! A girl can dream right?
- What is your favourite summer holiday memory from when you were a kid?
The glasses incident was pretty hilarious to be honest. But I also remember when I was little we went on holiday with my cousins and aunty & uncle. We stayed in this beautiful farm house, and went on walks, fed the farm animals and even went fishing! It was so fun!
- What is the first song on your summer anthems playlist?
The Anthem – Good Charlotte! Or Put Your Records On – Corinne Bailey Rae (Completely different choices! Haha)
- Camping (be it in the wilderness or in your back garden when you were a kid). Your thoughts?
Love it! LOVE LOVE IT. As long as it’s not winter. I’ve been there, and cried myself to sleep as I was so cold!
- Do you tan easily, or are you a brilliant shade of toothpaste white wherever you go?
I tend to stay the same colour throughout the year, not really pale, but I never really tan either!
- What attraction or event would you recommend people go to this summer?
I would have said Glastonbury! But aside from that, theme parks!! Alton Towers or Thorpe park for sure!
- Finally, let us have you best tip for a stress-free holiday?
Plan, plan, be organised & make lots of lists!
If you enjoyed this post, check out Whimsical Mumblings and follow Sarah on social media!